Buccal Massage : This latest massage inside your mouth will give you effects like a face-lift!
The term ‘Buccal Massage’ is a new one in the cosmetic industry. Good news is that it has no side-effects and yields great results.
Let us introduce you about buccal massage (if you don’t know about it already). It’s the massage which is performed inside your mouth. (you better brush your teeth and wash your hands before going for it).
How is buccal massage performed?
- It is performed by a trained professional, who knows the right amount of pressure and strokes to do.
- The therapist wears surgical gloves to avoid any kind of contamination and infections.
- Then with the help of thumb and fingers, the insides of your cheeks, gums, and lips are massaged in circular motions.
- Caroline Solomon from glamour.com got a buccal massage from the celebrity facialist Nicola Joss, who did Keir Knightley’s & Kate Moss’s Buccal Massage. As she explains the strokes of it, Nicola Joss prefers to pull cheeks away from gums along with the lower gums massage.
- The time consumed during the process varies according to the professional’s choice and also upon you. The people prone to gag reflex can have smaller time massage session as compared to the ones with no such sensitivity.
- The time duration varies between 2 to 10 minutes.
What are the benefits of Buccal Massage (BM)?
- They say that its effects are almost instant. You can see the difference in your cheeks just after getting up from the couch (but minimum 5 sessions are advised).
- It helps in treating the wrinkles and smoothing the skin thus making it glow.
- BM fans even compare it with a face-lift surgery and swear by its effects as similar to the surgical procedure (we think that’s a bit hyped but there is no harm in giving it a fair chance).
- As the gums and face muscles are relaxed, so they help in treating any TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) disorders and also the grinding of teeth (bruxism) during sleep. (If your kid grinds teeth, then ask your dentist to give him some BM and see the effects!)
- As the blood circulation inside the mouth is improved, it washes out the toxins, thus making you less prone to acne, pimples and other skin diseases.
Who can’t do B.M?
- People with malignant (cancerous) conditions
- Any Dental Diseases, toothache
- Jaw Pain/ tumor
- Any oral irregularities
- Sensitive Gag Reflex
- Thyroid or parotid gland disorders etc
So this was an overview of buccal massage, we would love to know your views about it. We are open to suggestions and queries too.
Till then “Let the Facials pamper your skin, You truly deserve it & Hey Mr. Masculine, You too!”
Note: The remedies or exercises provided in this article are not a replacement for a medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional before following the solutions.