We all seek approval from our loved ones, our society, and even our friends because it is extremely important to us that a person should think of us as a ‘Good Human Being’. This constant necessity of being considered ‘GOOD’ is what takes a toll on us. So you think, you don’t do this?
Can you please double check yourself with the daily life examples given below. Do you do any such things?
- A kid in school wants to stand first in the class, not because he wants to study well but because then, his parents will think that s/he is a ‘good’ kid!
- A teenage girl wants to look good, not because she would really want to, but because she wants to enter the popular group in her school and thus seek their approval.
- A grown-up guy seeks a good job and doesn’t have the courage to make his own singing band, because, he is afraid that his parents and relatives will find it stupid!
- A wife, she makes more efforts than her than her capacity, like cooks 2 dishes, cleans home and works as well, not because she wants to, but because her husband will think that she is a perfect wife!
- An unhappy married couple is afraid of taking divorce because they think that the relatives won’t approve it, thus living together in a toxic relationship.
- A gay or a lesbian person is not able to express their true sexual interests and orientation, as they are afraid that they will be considered as a taboo.
- An old man/woman has to live life alone after the demise of his/her partner because they think that remarrying at this age will make them a laughing stock in society.
The list is endless, these are just a few examples. There are a lot of ways we pretend as being a person which we are actually not!
We are not asking you to commit a crime, we are just asking you to find the courage to speak up for your happiness! You are here on this beautiful mother nature, who gives each & every person equal chance to be happy.
Whether you want to be a ‘Yogi’ or a ‘Film-star’, go ahead and muster the courage to pursue your dream, the one which makes you Happy!
“ Don’t seek approval, Be yourself and live fully”
Sending lots of power and courage to you!
Note: The remedies or exercises provided in this article are not a replacement for a medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional before following the solutions.