Psst! It smells!
The stench, we exude when we have had more than a bowlful of curry is something we despise. However, the smell is one less thing to worry about. You see curry, especially Indian curry is usually loaded with an ingredient called Garlic. Now, many of us already know that Garlic is good for the heart but do you really know the way how to put those garlic cloves to actual use?
Eating it Raw or Eating it Cooked?
Speaking post interviewing a noted nutrition expert, nothing cooked is going to be nutritious. I mean if it was? Mother nature would have given us curry running instead of tree sap and more. Having said that, let’s talk about the ingredient in question.
What is Garlic?
Garlic or Allium Sativum is a vegetative bulb belonging to the onion family, often used as a flavoring ingredient and in herbal medicine.
What is Garlic made up of?
Garlic has a lot of nutrients, I mean it’s actually a surprise, that it is still disliked because of its smell. Coming back, Garlic’s nutrition profile is as follows. Please note that the following values have been calculated based on an average 2000-calorie diet, you could approximate and calculate the values based on the calories you intake each day and with the help of a nutrition expert.
- Vitamin C – 52%
- Vitamin B6 – 60%
- Iron – 9%
- Magnesium – 6%
- Calcium – 18%
Should we chew Garlic or should we Swallow it?
Straight up, Chew it on empty stomach every morning (Do read the complete article). Although, I have met many garlic fans who argue that it’s better to swallow the little devil than to chew it, mentioned below are some benefits of chewing garlic cloves than, swallowing them.
When you chew garlic, you are in for a momentary hell, considering it coats your mouth with fumes of sulfuric nature. However, when you chew garlic cloves, the crushing action starts the production of a very potent antimicrobial component called Allicin. Allicin is very effective against ear, throat, and mouth infections.
Post the crushed garlic clove is down your throat and into your belly, you may get momentary stomach pain, what we would suggest is you drink glasses of water to mellow the stomach pain. If it continues, please visit a doctor.
Please note that consuming garlic cloves raw will help you heal your immune system, consider it more like artillery to your immune system, besides that, consuming garlic cloves is also beneficial for
- Lowering Bad Cholesterol Levels. (Works like magic)
- Cold and Flu
- Mastitis Treatment (Inflammation in breast tissue, accompanied by Fever post breastfeeding)
- Regulating your Blood Sugar (brace yourself diabetes!)
Important, please read.
- Do not consume garlic cloves empty stomach if you have had alcohol or any other drug a night before and are still hungover.
- Do not consume garlic cloves if you are on medication.
- Do not consume garlic cloves if you are suffering from stomach ulcers or any medical condition which may get aggravated due to the consumption of garlic cloves.
- Do not consume garlic cloves if you are pregnant or are menstruating.
- Please consult your doctor if you have any allergies and only then start consuming Garlic Cloves, no they are not harmful as such but throwing caution to the wind doesn’t hurt anybody.
It’s a Sham!
At Healthyly we are not against any particular company which has garlic-related products, but we do not support any processed garlic products and will not vouch for the efficacy amount of garlic present in them, so products such as Garlic Butter, Garlic Paste, or Garlic Stock is not the same as eating the real thing which is raw and peeled.
Take it in Real! Oh and post 30 mins of consumption just brush your teeth and mouthwash to let go of the stench!