All diabetes home remedies are not effective every time and don’t suit every diabetes patient. However some tried and tested home remedies for diabetes claim to work and they save you from the higher doses of medicines. After a lot of trial and error, we have now come up with another pearl of Ayurveda, named as Vijayasar or Malabar kino (Pterocarpus marsupium). The wood of this tree and the bark have some amazing anti-diabetic properties.
It can reduce your blood sugar levels dramatically, even more than your metformin!
So vijaysar is another very effective home remedy for diabetes that is so easy to take and can be taken regularly without any side-effects.
How to take Vijaysar/Malabar kino to Lower your blood sugar Levels
It is quite simple! Just find yourself a glass jug or pitcher. Make sure it is glass and not any other metal or earthen pot. Fill it with drinking water at room temperature and dip the vijaysar wood pieces in it.
Let it sit overnight.
You will observe that the color of water changes till morning. It becomes golden and woody in color. You just need to take out a glass of water from it and drink it.
Do it three times a day, 10 minutes before your meals and voila! Your blood sugar is under control!
How the Vijaysar Water Tastes Like?
The best thing about this miraculous water is that it is odorless and tasteless. This is another reason why this home remedy is easy to follow regularly.
When to Check your Blood Sugar after starting Treatment?
We advise you to check it after a week. However, if you feel any symptom of low blood sugar level such as sweating, fatigue, tremors, confusion, low concentration etc then check your blood sugar levels immediately.
How Vijayasar works to lower the blood sugar levels?
Vijayasar bark has liquiritigenin and isoliquiritigenin as active compounds. They help in slow and steady absorption of glucose in blood, this keeps the blood sugar levels steady. These compounds also prevent sudden rise in blood sugar by improving the insulin secretion.
Till when can you take this water?
But don’t increase the dosage of water without monitoring your blood sugar levels.
When to replace the wooden Vijaysar piece?
When the water stops changing color, then it is an indication that the wood should be replaced with a fresh one. One piece of wood lasts for about 15 to 20 days on an average.
Other Benefits of Vijayasar or Indian Kino
- It helps in lowering the blood cholesterol levels
- It acts as a blood purifier as well.
- Being a blood purifier, it helps in providing you a better looking skin and lustrous hair.
- Vijayasar has some anti-parasitic or anti-worm properties as well
- It is known to dissolve fat and thereby acts as a good fat-burning aid if you are trying to lose weight.
- It is believed to be effective in skin disorders like lucoderma and nerve disease like leprosy etc.
Things to consider before buying Vijayasar
- Prefer to buy it from the local vendors in your city.
- Buy as raw wood as you can.
- Don’t prefer those pieces which are specially carved, shaped or handled by the machinery such as wooden glass or any such utensils made of vijaysar wood.
- If you can’t find vijaysar wood anywhere in your local market, then here is the link from where you can buy it.
Also, don’t forget to share it in your community and group, as someone might get benefited as well.