The term ‘Buccal Massage’ is not a new one in the cosmetic industry, but if you are not doing it then you are missing out! The good news is that it has no side effects (when performed with clean hands) and yields great results. No wonder many Hollywood celebrities including Megan Markle swears by it!
Let us introduce you to buccal massage (if you don’t know about it already). It’s the message that is performed inside your mouth. (you better brush your teeth and wash your hands before going for it).
How is a buccal massage performed?
- It is performed by a trained professional, who knows the right amount of pressure and strokes to do.
- The therapist wears surgical gloves to avoid any kind of contamination and infections.
- Then with the help of your thumb and fingers, the insides of your cheeks, gums, and lips are massaged in circular motions.
- Caroline Solomon from glamour.com got a buccal massage from the celebrity facialist Nicola Joss, who did Keir Knightley’s & Kate Moss’s Buccal Massage. As she explains the strokes of it, Nicola Joss prefers to pull cheeks away from the gums along with the lower gums massage.
- The time consumed during the process varies according to the professional’s choice and also upon you. The people prone to gag reflex can have smaller time massage sessions as compared to the ones with no such sensitivity.
- The time duration varies between 2 to 10 minutes.
What are the benefits of Buccal Massage (BM)?
- They say that its effects are almost instant. You can see the difference in your cheeks just after getting up from the couch (but a minimum of 5 sessions are advised).
- It helps in treating the wrinkles and smoothing the skin thus making it glow.
- BM fans even compare it with a face-lift surgery and swear by its effects as similar to the surgical procedure (we think that’s a bit hyped but there is no harm in giving it a fair chance).
- As the gums and facial muscles are relaxed, so they help in treating any TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) disorders and also the grinding of teeth (bruxism) during sleep. (If your kid grinds teeth, then ask your dentist to give him some BM and see the effects!)
- As the blood circulation inside the mouth is improved, it washes out the toxins, thus making you less prone to acne, pimples, and other skin diseases.
- Webmd says that Buccal massage may help in increasing the functionality of those infection-fighting glands present in the cheeks.
- Buccal Massage is great for those puffy faces with which we get up every day. As any type of massage helps in draining the excess fluid through the lymph nodes. So it’s a great idea that gives your lower gums a good rub whenever you brush. You can give a circular massage with your thumb or finger, be gentle with the pressure.
Does Buccal Massage have any Side effects?
Buccal massage doesn’t have any side effects but you need to be cautious about your health conditions and the aesthetician’s hygiene. If you are facing any kind of toothache, gum bleeding, or mouth ulcers, then this massage is not for you. As you may end up spreading the oral disease or doing more harm than good.
Buccal Massage Courses
If you are quite keen on buccal massage, then there are various buccal massage courses available online and offline. Get one so that you can look sculpted every day and can earn some decent cash by giving the service to others as well. So grab a course online and become a buccal massage Professional today.
Who can’t do this Buccal Massage?
- People with malignant (cancerous) conditions
- If you have had a serious facial injury in the past
- Any Dental Diseases, toothache
- Jaw Pain/ tumor
- Any oral irregularities
- Sensitive Gag Reflex
- Thyroid or parotid gland disorders etc
So this was an overview of buccal massage, we would love to know your views about it. We are open to suggestions and queries too.
Till then “Let the Facials pamper your skin, You truly deserve it & Hey Mr. Masculine, You too!”
Note: The remedies or exercises provided in this article are not a replacement for medical advice. Please consult a healthcare professional before following the solutions.